Things to do in Lower Manhattan
When you stay at Aloft Manhattan Downtown - Financial District, you're in perfect proximity to some of the area's best things to do. Spend an hour or two sightseeing, exploring the many shopping options, or enjoying the many amazing dining options in lower Manhattan. Whatever you're in the mood for, find it in close proximity to our hotel. Check out a few of our favorite things to do in Lower Manhattan below.
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum (0.7 mi.) Visit this beautiful museum and pay tribute to those who lost their lives in the tragic events of September 11, 2001.
- One World Trade Center (0.4 mi.) - This building is the 6th tallest in the world and serves as the central location of the rebuilt Twin Towers.
- Statue of Liberty (1.4 mi.) - Take a quick ferry ride over to one of America's most famous monuments.
- Battery Park (0.5 mi.) As one of New York's only waterfront parks, Battery Park is also home to a variety of unique artwork and things to do.
- The Oculus (1 mi.) - As a multipurpose destination and transportation hub, the stunning Oculus features plenty of things to do in addition to shopping.
- South Street Seaport (0.3 mi.) - This district serves as a one-stop destination for all things dining, fashion, entertainment, and cultural experiences.
- Brookfield Place (0.9 mi.) - Located in the center of the Battery Park, Brookfield Place features 8 million square feet of office, retail, and public space.
- Brooklyn Bridge (0.4 mi.) - At over a 100 years old, this famous bridge connects the land on either side of the East River.
- Little Italy (0.8 mi.) - Grab an authentic Italian bite in Little Italy.
- Chinatown (0.8 mi.) - Explore the one-of-a-kind community of Chinatown and leave the city with a renewed sense of the culture of NYC.
- Wall Street (0.4 mi.) Stop by or drive through to get a feel of the bustling environment of Wall Street.
- The Charging Bull (0.4 mi.) - Don't forget to take a picture with New York's famous Charging Bull during your visit.
- Fulton Street Station A, C, J, Z, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lines - The city is at your fingertips with a ride on any of these lines.
- Learn more about transportation from our hotel >>